Monday, August 25, 2008

We Cut the Cable

Well, not really, but figuratively. We cancelled our service right before we left for Peru. Of course we did not miss it while being gone 2 1/2 weeks, and were pretty used to not watching TV when we returned anyway. This was our first weekend at home without it though. And you know what - I loved it! I did not go to bed Sunday night with my ears ringing and a headache from hearing sports drone on and on all day! The kids did watch a few movies over the past couple days, but given APD's chicken pox and our return to what has to be the rainiest place on earth, I was okay with that. Instead of slumping in front of the TV in the evenings, the kids got out games. We played double solitaire, Apples to Apples and last night Scrabble. I hope this no-cable thing is here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment